Friday, February 3, 2012

Will it Blender?


No, this post it's not about the Blender from Blendtec. If I'm going to build a 3D printer, I will need to learn how to make complex objects in 3D on my computer, right?
So, before taking a peek in RepRap.org for recommended software, I took a look at Blender... no, not Bender Bending Rodriguez from Futurama, it's Blender, an Open Source creation suite, offering a broad range of essential tools for the creation of 3D content, including modeling, uv-mapping, texturing, rigging, skinning, animation, particle and other simulation, scripting, rendering, compositing, post-production, and game creation... It's not per se a CAD tool, but it can be used for it :)
And guess what arrived at my mailbox early in the morning... A 7 hour workshop "Blender Beginners Class" by AltLab!!!! I've enrolled already, I can't wait for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment